For my road warriors; this one is for you!
As an event planner I am constantly traveling across the United States and the globe as a matter of thought and for those long flights (LA, Hawaii, Canada, Madrid) there are just some things that you will need to have in your arsenal to make your flight comfortable and enjoyable.
Surviving long hours of travel requires a few aides. Like the ones listed below. (Alcohol & Valium not listed – nor recommended, if you can avoid them!)
- Noise-canceling headphones drown out crying babies & loud passengers. These also can be charged via USB, have tangle-resistant cords, and come with their own carrying case.
- A luxurious travel blanket that gives your economy seat a touch of first class. Tip – do not use the airline-provided blankets unless it comes packaged in plastic. They are the germ magnets and will put a dent in your trip very quickly.
- Kindle - perfect when the movie selections are less than stellar.
- A portable charger; my personal preference is the Energizer® XP4000; It was my lifesaver in Madrid. To be honest, it should be a permanent fixture in every work bag and purse.
- Snacks; airplane food is well blah, bringing snacks are essential especially if your have food allergies or need to eat a specified times. Tip – Eat a hearty meal either before you get to the airport or after; and purchase a bottle of water after you clear the security check point. No caffeine or alcohol while traveling. In-flight hangovers are drastically worse than those on the ground.
So what item must YOU take with you on a long flight? Share below.